10 Random ELearning Facts You Should Know
One thing that I have come to realize in my years as a learning & collaboration consultant is that elearning is fun, effective, and a great industry to take part in. Personally, I find myself learning new facts, tips, and strategies every day. There really is no end to what you can learn as this industry is rapidly changing, almost on a weekly basis. As such, I thought I would give back a little and share some elearning facts and statistics that you may not know (or perhaps just need to be reminded). Below is a list of X elearning facts, and tips, to stimulate your brain – enjoy!
10 ELearning Facts
- Every $1 spent in elearning results in $30 of productivity!
- 40% of all training costs are spent on travel, elearning decreases this to nearly 0%
- The elearning industry is project to grow to $40 billion by 2014
- People who take elearning courses in their native language learn faster, and retain the information better than people who take elearning courses in a non-native language.
- Static files (.jpg, gif, .swf) take more time to recreate than editable source files (.psd, .eps, .fla).
- Each page within your elearning module should have 30-40% white space.
- Choose fonts that support target language characters, and always use encode as UTF-8, this will result in faster translations with less re-work.
- 72% of companies believe that elearning keeps them on top of their industry changes.
- Articulate, the popular rapid elearning development platform, boasts 28,000+ customers.
- Corporation save 50-70% in costs when they replace instructor-based training with elearning programs.