The LearnDash MemberPress integration enables you to connect your courses to MemberPress memberships. MemberPress can also handle the ecommerce & checkout experience for you, allowing you to bundle multiple courses into a single membership, and automatically granting & removing a member’s access to a course based on their membership status.
LearnDash has some content protection built-in, but MemberPress will expand upon that and provide a lot more ways for you to manage memberships, subscriptions & more.
You need to purchase a license for the MemberPress plugin before you can use the free LearnDash integration.
Table of Contents
Why Use MemberPress?
A few reasons why you might want to use MemberPress in conjunction with LearnDash:
- create membership levels, and assign a course (or multiple courses) to the different levels
- offer coupons or discount codes for your courses
- sell courses in a bundle (i.e. one price provides access to multiple courses)
- sell access to courses as an ongoing subscription
Option 1: Add-ons Menu (requires an active LearnDash license)
- In your WordPress admin area, navigate to LEARNDASH LMS > ADD-ONS
- Locate the MemberPress for LearnDash add-on
- Click Install Now
- Click the Activate Plugin button
Option 2: Manual Upload
- Download the plugin file (must be logged in to download)
- In WordPress, navigate to PLUGINS > ADD NEW
- Click Upload Plugin
- Browse for the
.zipfile you downloaded in Step 1
- Click Install Now
- Click Activate Plugin
How it Works
Before you can assign a LearnDash course to a membership in MemberPress, you need to:
- create a LearnDash course
- create a membership in MemberPress
We’ll assume you have already created a LearnDash course.
Create a Membership
We recommend you watch the 5-minute video below, or you can read the written instructions in the MemberPress documentation.
Assign a Course to a Membership
Now it’s time to associate your LearnDash course(s) with the membership you just created. Doing so will mean that once a user purchases (or simply gains access to) the membership, they will automatically have access to the course(s) as well.
- On the Edit Membership page, scroll down & look for the Membership Options box
- Click on the LearnDash tab
- Choose the course(s) that you want to assign to this membership
NOTE: You may link multiple courses to a single membership.
When you’re finished editing your membership, be sure to click the “Publish” or “Update” button to save your changes.
Which payment gateways can I use with MemberPress to sell courses?
Please see the MemberPress documentation for a list of supported payment gateways.
You might be interested in our other membership plugin integrations: