Must Read Instructional Design Articles
On the surface, instructional design seems pretty straight-forward. However, as you begin to dig a bit more into best practices and principles it quickly becomes overwhelming.
As with any industry, there are nuances that you pick up on the more you hone your craft. If you are new to this field, then the learning curve can be a bit steep.
If you are just starting out with instructional design, the five articles below will give you an introduction to some of the more popular concepts that you are bound to come across. Even if you are seasoned professional, these articles may prove to be a useful reminder.
Besides these resources, you should also investigate the popular elearning sites out there for more tips and advice related to the elearning industry. The great thing about instructional design is that the industry as a whole is very supportive and helpful. If you ever have questions, just ask!
Speaking of which, whether you are going to pursue this industry or another, make sure you get a LinkedIn profile created. You will be surprised by the number of opportunities that are available on LinkedIn (from job openings to professional connections).
5 Must-Read Instruction Design Articles
- ADDIE Model Explained – An infographic covering the most popular framework for course design and development.
- ELearning Cost Drivers – An overview of the elements likely to drive the overall cost of your elearning projects.
- 3 Ways to Earn More Money as an Instructional Designer – How you can maximize your income.
- Top 5 ELearning Development Programs – The most popular rapid elearning development software programs used in Instructional Design.
- Key Roles of an ELearning Project – The typical roles and responsibilities of any elearning project.