How to Organize Your Online Course With Email Marketing
Email marketing is one of the most profitable marketing channels in 2022. It’s cheap and it drives customer acquisition and retention.
Organizing and selling your online course with email marketing is easier than you think. You just need two things: a product and a sales strategy. With the right technique, you can sell anything you want.
Do you want to learn how to build and promote your new online course? Keep reading and discover why email marketing is so important and the 3 tips you must apply to grow your business.
Why email marketing is essential to your business
Emails are a valuable tool for your business. These aren’t only a way of communicating with customers, but also an excellent channel to get the word out to prospects about your services.
Companies use email marketing to:
- Inform their customers with news and updates about the business
- Attract potential clients with new service offerings and discounts
- Engage readers and motivate them to get to know the brand better
- Convert prospects into buyers and retain current customers
To master your email marketing strategy, you must know how to write high-performing emails.
Experts agree personalization is key to building an email that engages and converts. Consider adding a unique opening to your message and multimedia elements to get customers’ attention.
Use storytelling or share a relatable story to make your email pleasing to the eye. Convey emotions properly over email and you’ll be one step closer to sealing the deal.
To end your email, try to sound friendly and professional. ‘Kind regards’ or ‘Thanks’ are proper farewell words. Remember to always add an email signature to sign off your message and be memorable.
Email marketing stats in 2022
Email marketing is on the rise. Numbers don’t lie:
- There are 4.3 billion email users worldwide and the number is expected to grow to 4.6 billion by 2025. That’s more than half of the Earth’s population.
- 99% of users check their mail inbox every day.
- 87% of marketers use email marketing to distribute their content.
- 4 out of 5 marketers say they would rather give up on social media than shut down their email marketing strategy.
- 80% of professionals say email marketing helps them to get and keep more clients for their company.
- 64.1% of small businesses use email marketing as a crucial channel to communicate with their customers.
- 72% of customers prefer email over social media and other channels to interact with a business.
These stats show why email marketing is a must for online businesses. Sending emails regularly it’s a great opportunity to build long-term relationships with your clients and boost brand awareness.
3 tips for organizing your online course with email marketing
Build an email list
Source: Paprika ads.
The first step to organizing and promoting your online course with email marketing is to build an email list.
On this list, you’ll add the customer’s email addresses to whom you want to sell your online course. Once you’ve done it, you can send a mass email to your contacts and get them to enroll in your training program.
How can you build your email list fast and from scratch? Follow these tips and upgrade your list-building strategy:
- Collect emails ethically and effectively — one thing you don’t want to do when building an email list is to be intrusive. Use embedded signup forms on your website to gather visitors’ data or build a strong customer referral program.
- Collect the data you need — think about what kind of information you need from your customers. Design sign-up forms accordingly and keep them short. Ask people to fill in 1-3 fields to avoid form abandonment.
- Create useful content — update your content regularly and diversify your communications. Clients may get tired of receiving the same promotional email over and over again. Instead, offer them another type of content like blog articles, online courses or monthly newsletters.
- Measure the results — check metrics like the click-to-open and conversion rates. Like this, you can analyze if your email marketing strategy is working as expected and how many people are subscribing to your course.
Learn how to write better emails
To sell your online course you must know how to write a killer email.
There’s no magical formula to building a perfect email, but there are some steps you can follow to drive more conversions:
- Write an eye-catching subject — create a sense of urgency and inspire curiosity in your audience. E.g., ‘Don’t miss out on a once in a lifetime opportunity to enroll in our online course’ or ‘Are you ready to change your career path?’.
- Customize every email — call readers by their name, but also send them relevant content depending on their buying preferences. You can get these insights if you track your email marketing campaign performance.
- Create engaging and shareable content — design a high-converting copy. You may offer the best online course ever, but if you don’t know how to sell it with words you’re lost. Use your brand’s tone of voice and be straightforward with your message.
- Add a powerful CTA — drive users to take action and buy your online course. Place a CTA button or link at the end of the email to guide customers to a landing page. Command verbs like ‘subscribe’ or ‘register now’ work best.
- Close the email with your email signature — be professional. An email signature shows you’re an established business and it reinforces interaction with the reader.
If you use these hints, you’ll be one step closer to attracting customers to your online course. Your clients appreciate concision. Make sure to keep your email short and communicate your message as clearly as possible.
Source: Campaign Creators.
Automation can make your life easier. It saves you time, money and effort.
An email marketing automation software mimics human behavior and performs marketing activities on autopilot. It sounds great but, what does this really mean?
Let’s say that you want to send a targeted email campaign to promote your online course. Using automation you only need to write an effective copy, sit back and relax.
Software like OptinMonster and Sendinblue offer easy-to-use drag and drop builders to design outstanding email templates and sign-up forms for your website. With these tools, you’ll take your email marketing strategy to the next level:
- Grow your email list
- Segment your contacts
- Build automated workflows
- Get real-time data from your marketing campaigns
- Know how users interact with your content
In a nutshell, email marketing automation will allow you to focus on other important areas of your business. There are many software options out there you can use to complete routine tasks like organizing and sending email campaigns. In the end, this will help you dedicate your efforts to building the best online course for your customers.
Email marketing may seem challenging if you’re a first-timer, but it’s easy even for inexperienced marketers and business managers.
If you want to organize and sell your online course with email marketing, remember to follow these three steps:
- Build an email list — use non-intrusive methods to get customers’ data
- Learn how to write better emails — convince your audience from top to bottom
- Use automation — delegate work to an email marketing automation software
Feel free to apply the methods described in the article and start promoting your online course today!