New Template and Sample Lessons!
Today we have some exciting new updates to share!
We want to sincerely thank all of you who have chosen LearnDash as your WordPress elearning solution.
Your commitment to the product and providing feedback has helped us evolve LearnDash into what it is today. We have come a long way, but the journey is far from over!
Which is why we are excited to introduce LearnDash Version 1.5.0!
New Course Content Template
For the past year, many of you have provided feedback in the forums and to our help desk about wanting to stylize the course content (specifically, the lesson and quiz lists). As a result, we have been hard at work researching and designing a new course content container.
Today the new design is complete, and will be active on your sites after updating – Check it out:
- Course details now visible before joining or purchasing a course: Visitors can now see a table of contents that details what a course will cover prior to purchasing or signing-up.
- Expand and collapse lesson topics: Visitors can choose to view or hide the topics for the lessons. The full title of the topic is now displayed instead of just the icon.
- Updated to flat design icons and Buttons: The lesson and topic icons, as well as some important buttons, have received a face-lift to a contemporary flat design.
- Updated course progress bar: Modernized the course progress bar.
- Responsive design: The new template works on tablet and smartphone devices.
- Compatible with modern WordPress themes: Choose the theme that represents you, and the new template will fit right into your brand.
In addition to the new look for lessons and topics, quizzes also are also included with this template. When navigating to a lesson, your users will be presented with a clean topic list as well, giving them a clear road-map of what they will learn.
Just as before, this Course Content list is dynamically generated as you create your course material. No need to create extra pages and insert shortcodes, allowing you to focus on what is important: the content!
Offer Sample Lessons for Your Courses
Sometimes it makes sense to give your visitors a little preview of a course, but without giving the whole thing away. The new sample lessons feature makes this incredibly easy!
Just Check a Box
Once you have finished creating your lesson content, all you need to do is check a box and it will be offered as a sample for your visitors.
Now, when your visitors come to view your course, they will have the option to take the sample lesson and all of its associated topics and quizzes. The rest of the course content will not be accessible until they either purchase or join the course.
Brand New Demo Site
Since this update to LearnDash includes some pretty significant changes, we have also given the demo site a makeover.
If you want to see some of these features (as well as others) in action, head on over to the demo site and have a look!
You can find an exact copy of the LearnDash Demo on our support site for your own personal use.
Here’s to Another Year
One year down in the books!
Thank you to those who have offered up your feedback and have dedicated your sites to LearnDash. We recognize that you have a choice when it comes to LMS software, and we are humbled that you have chosen us.
2014 is barely underway and we are extremely excited at the direction LearnDash is going, and what’s coming around the corner.
Until next time!