BuddyPress is a free plugin that allows you to add online profiles, user groups, private message functionality, and much more to your WordPress site.
Using BuddyPress and LearnDash together is a great way to create a community around your course offering. If you already have BuddyPress, then this integration allows you to create more value for your members by providing them online courses.
Click Here to read the official integration announcement.
Easily tie any LearnDash Course to a BuddyPress Group.
- Course participants automatically get added as members to the group
- Group becomes private to course participants and invited members
- Course Lessons become visible at the group
- Course activity gets streamed into the group feed (optional)
- Forum gets added to the group (if bbPress is enabled)
- Course featured image becomes group avatar (if no group avatar has been set)
Activity is one of the core features of BuddyPress, allowing users to interact with each other in real-time. When a course is tied to a group, course actions are optionally added to the group’s activity stream. Group admins can determine which actions to allow in their group, including:
- User starts a course
- User completes a course
- User creates a lesson
- User completes a lesson
- User creates a topic
- User completes a topic
- User passes a quiz
- User comments on single lesson page
If bbPress is enabled, a forum will be tied to every “course group” automatically, using the same name as the course for the forum title. Group members can then discuss the course in one central location.
You do not have to use BuddyPress in order to use bbPress. If you only want to use bbPress, you can use the LearnDash & bbPress add-on.