bbPress is a forum plugin for WordPress with over 1.5 million downloads. This integration makes it easy for you to add forums to your courses. You can protect the forums so that only users who are enrolled into your courses are able to view content and to post new threads & topics.
Click Here to read the official integration announcement.
Automatic forum access: As soon as someone purchases (or registers) for a course, they are granted forum access so that they can create new threads and topics.
Public or private forums: Allow visitors to see forum topics or block the forum contents entirely so they are exclusive for your enrolled users.
Multi-forum support: Associate as many forums as you want to your course.
Custom “Access Denied” messages: Inform users how they can get access and even send them to a sales page.
Dynamic associated forum widget: Place this widget in your course sidebar and it will dynamically display the associated forums for the course. Users can click on the associated forum name to be taken to the forum itself for posting.
July 28, 2017 – V2.0.1
- Added restriction message for non logged-in user if forum view is set to ‘any’
- Added wp_reset_query after retrieving
- Updated to only display related forums on widget
- Fixed invalid argument
- Fixed un-enrolled user forum view and post access issue
- Removed read-only message meta box field
May 25, 2017 – V2.0
- Added option to choose type of post limit access
- Added option to add custom forum restriction message
- Added HTML support to custom message option
- Added class names to elements
- Added POT translation file
- Updated forums retrieval using WP_Query and apply forums order on widget display
- Updated widget to not display hidden forums
- Fixed undefined variable
- Fixed invalid argument warning
April 19, 2016 – V1.2
- Minor updates to ensure WordPress v4.5 compatibility
February 26, 2015 – V1.1
- Added new plugin activation check to check if Learndash & bbpress are activated else our plugin will not activate, a fnotice will be displayed to user
- Forum widget modified so that widget will only be initialized on course, lesson, topic or quiz page
- Proper checks and conditions added in various plugin functions
November 11, 2014 – V1.0
- Initial Release