We continually update LearnDash and our add-ons with new features, functionality, security patches and bug fixes.
While we release updates on a regular basis, we do not post a public schedule. We hold weekly internal meetings to determine the scope and priority of LearnDash updates.
There are three ways you can update LearnDash. The easiest & most popular is automatic updates via your Plugins page.
- Automatically, from your Plugins page (requires a valid license key)
- Manual upload
- Via FTP
When an update is available, you will receive a notification in the WordPress admin area, on your PLUGINS > INSTALLED PLUGINS page.
We always recommend reviewing the changes in the changelog before updating LearnDash.
We highly recommend always backing up your site before updating. Check with your host about backup solutions, or if you don’t already have one in place, you can try the free UpdraftPlus plugin.
To receive automatic updates, you must have an active license key.
- Navigate to PLUGINS > INSTALLED PLUGINS
- Scroll down until you find LearnDash LMS
- You should see a notification with a link that says update now. Click this link.
- If successful, you’ll see a notification that confirms LearnDash was updated
Don’t See The Update?
If you don’t see an available update, navigate to DASHBOARD > UPDATES and click the Check Again button. You can also try navigating to PLUGINS > INSTALLED PLUGINS and refreshing the page, which can sometimes trigger the update notice as well.
If you want to update LearnDash manually:
- Download the latest version from your account
- Deactivate, then delete the version you have installed
NOTE: No data will be lost
- Navigate to PLUGINS > ADD NEW
- Click Upload Plugin
- Select the LearnDash
.zipfile that you downloaded in step 1
- Click Install Now
- Click Activate
Update via FTP
If you would like to upload a new version of LearnDash via FTP, please follow WordPress’ instructions here.