Resources for ELearning Beginners
If you are getting started in elearning, or perhaps you have an interest, it can be overwhelming to figure out where to begin. Naturally, there are university programs for instructional design, but those aren’t always a viable option (nor are they always necessary).
The list of resources below is meant for those of you who are brand new to elearning and would like to learn more. It is by no means an exhaustive list, but it will help you get started in the right direction!
If you are currently involved in the elearning industry and wish to share some resources, feel free to leave them in the comments section.
- Familiarize yourself with the common terminology.
- Understand what elearning development tools are available, and most popular.
- Read everything you can from leading training and elearning organizations.
- Figure out which niche in elearning you want to focus on and pursue courses in that area.
- Consider taking a free course to learn more about design principles.
- Obtain an official certification from an accredited institution.
- Create (or update) your LinkedIn profile and join elearning related groups for networking.
- Offer elearning services for free initially, or search for an open position.
- Make more money by becoming a specialist.
There are certainly more resources out there that you can use to start your elearning adventure, but these will open up new doors as you study the industry and hone your craft.
The most important part of it all is to ask questions along the way as no one expects you to do this on your own!