Enhancing WordPress as a Viable LMS
The journey to make WordPress an official, viable learning management system is well on its way. Last Monday, we released version 1.0 of the LearnDash plugin with the goal to enable organizations and developers alike the ability to turn their WordPress sites into a bona fide LMS. Now that we have the basic framework in place, we are well on our way to enhancing LearnDash.
A big thank you to those who have written and offered up suggestions for future functionality. As always, feel free to submit your ideas on features you would like to see us integrate into LearnDash. You can also contact us with your specific needs as we are able to do some custom development for you – particularly in regards to custom reporting.
A Glimpse at What’s to Come
You have spoken and we have listened. We are hard at work creating a more robust offering, some features that you can expect in upcoming releases include:
- Additional payment processors for selling your courses
- Additional reporting details on your users interactions with your LMS
- Enhanced tin-can api abilities, including the sending of tin-can statements based on users interacting with the LMS
- One-click upload of Articulate Storyline published courses
- Lesson “phase-gates” (users must complete the preceding lessons before moving onto the next)
- Enhanced certificate abilities
This is just a portion of our “laundry list” of upgraded features we are working on. We want to reiterate our commitment to your project and and goals. Please contact us at any point during your project for guidance, advice, or even if you just want to bounce an idea off of people who have been there.