In any industry it’s good to be connected. Thought leaders help you learn about new technology, trends, and strategies so that you too can improve your craft.
If you are in the elearning industry and looking to align yourself with with the most respected individuals, then the list below is for you!
I have had personal interaction with a few of these folks and can attest that they are stand-up people. Most important, this list covers a variety of niches within the elearning industry so you are bound to learn something in an area that you find interesting.
For example, if you’re looking to learn more about learning management systems, then you cannot go wrong looking into what Craig Weiss has to say. If you find instructional design to be of interest, then you should read the articles by Connie Malamad and Tom Kuhlmann.
The infographic below (created by MatrixLMS) provides a brief biography for thought-leaders in the elearning industry, as well as their twitter handle. However, what is probably most useful are the sites that these people contribute to (most of which run blogs where they share their wealth of knowledge).
I have added their websites below so you can decide which ones you would like to follow. If you happen to know of other resources worth following, do not hesitate to put them in the comments of this article.
Websites of the Professionals Listed Below
- Craig Weiss – http://elearninfo247.com/
- Connie Malamad – http://theelearningcoach.com/
- Christopher Pappas – http://elearningindustry.com/
- Cammy Bean – http://cammybean.kineo.com/
- Ryan Tracey – https://ryan2point0.wordpress.com/
- Patti Shank – http://www.learningpeaks.com/
- Rebecca Stromeyer – http://thepienews.com/pie-chat/rebecca-stromeyer-icwe-germany/
- Elliott Masie – http://masie.com/MASIE-Information/who-is-elliott-masie.html
- Tom Kuhlmann – http://www.articulate.com/rapid-elearning/
- Laura Overton – http://www.towardsmaturity.org/user/profile/27/