For some companies, making a commitment to an elearning program can be intimidating.
First, you have to decide what content should be turned into elearning.
Then there are costs associated with transitioning content.
Besides the actual content creation (which can take hours upon hours), you also need to figure out the best way to inform the organization about the new elearning program – otherwise you’ve wasted a lot of time and money.
It is because of factors like these that some organizations just opt to wait on elearning altogether, or at the very least just use it for basic employee on-boarding training.
The truth is that the benefit you will get from a well-implemented elearning program far outweighs the initial downsides. Sometimes it’s just hard to see these benefits when you’re starting from scratch.
Just as some food for thought, consider these six elearning advantages.
Six Advantages of ELearning You Should Know
- Convenience – learners can access content according to their schedule resulting in higher participation.
- Variety – As your program grows so do the skills of your workforce due to the course variety.
- Simplicity – Accessing and using elearning content is easy for employees from all generations.
- ROI – Employees who learn new skills can help the organization be more effective and impact the bottom line. The content also reduces the need for live-training expenses which results in cost savings.
- Loyalty – The most successful companies in the world use elearning because it builds loyalty to the organization. Employees who feel they have more professional and educational opportunities are more likely to stay.
- Quality Assurance – Online training programs ensure consistency in the way important content is delivered.