Nearly every training event designed to modify behavior in the workplace is accompanied by some for of assessment. At one point in time, these training assessments were given in paper form at the end of the session – this method is quite rare today.
Even if training is held as a live seminar, quizzes are still administered online. If you are still using paper-based assessments, then perhaps this post will help you see the benefits of making the switch.
5 Advantages of Online Quizzing Software
1. You can quiz large numbers of employees all at once. If your organization is large or spread-out across an expansive geographic area, an online quiz makes it possible to give everyone the same quizzing experience despite location. It also eliminates the expense of administering paper-based quizzes (think printing, scoring, delivering, and collecting).
2. Randomizing is easy to implement and manage. Online quizzes often allow you to create a question bank, randomize the questions that are shown, and randomize the answers that are displayed. Trying to manage all of this with hard-copy quizzes would be a nightmare.
3. Quizzes can be given without an instructor. Since the quiz is virtual, employees can take them on their own time without the need of someone acting as a proctor.
4. Employee records can be searched very easily. Having employee scores available online means that there is no need for keeping legacy score data in physical files.
5. Improved overview of the workforce. Elearning software with quizzing capabilities can show you trends in the workforce across department, commonly missed questions, and other metrics that just isn’t as easily done with paper testing.