14 Cool ELearning Facts
It seems that every day there is a new list of new elearning facts and stats.
Well, consider this short post just that! Recently I stumbled across some random, cool elearning facts and I thought that I would share them.
If you’re looking to take a quick mental break in your day, then this list should do the trick.
If you don’t have time to read through these, then I can sum it up for you in just one word… well, maybe two words: massive growth!
Even More ELearning Facts
- The term ‘elearning’ has only been around since 1999 when it was first used at a CBT seminar.
- ELearning is one of the fastest growing industries in the world.
- By 2018, the United States will account for 51% of all elearning revenues.
- Companies that use elearning to train employees generated about 26% more revenue per employee than those that do not.
- By 2018, elearning revenues in Latin America will reach $2.9 billion.
- There are more than three million online only students in the U.S.
- Roughly 4.6 billion students are taking at least one online course.
- Gamification in safety training can lead to roughly 45% reduction in safety incidents.
- By 2020, the global elearning marketing is expected to be $37.8 billion.
- In the U.S., 77% of corporations are using elearning to enhance employee training programs.
- The elearning market has grown by 900% since the year 2000.
- 74% of online students use mobile devices to access the course content.
- Malaysia and Vietnam are the two elearning markets growing the quickest.
- By the year 2019, nearly 50% of all college students will be engaged in elearning.